Do I still need flood insurance if I am a renter?

We recommend that you add Overland Water Coverage to your tenant’s policy, especially if you live on the ground level or below grade. In the event of a fresh water flood, you could lose all your contents to water damage, costing you thousands of dollars. An Overland Water Endorsement, along with your tenant’s policy, will help pay for clean-up, contents replacement and accommodations while your apartment is being repaired.